Estimates of WHO states that each year, approximately ONE MILLION people die from suicide. This is basically one death every 40 seconds.
As the numbers continue to rise and in lieu of the World Suicide Prevention Day yesterday, September 10th, we wanted to play a small part in making life easier, for all those who have been battling depression, anxiety and/or suicidal thoughts.
With it, we came up with a list of music numbers which lyrics, tackle those trying themes, in the hopes that anyone feeling down today, or any other day, will remember that you’re not alone.
In no particular order, these are the 18 songs we found in the past few years, that we hope make you feel at least, a tad bit better.
1. Save Myself by Ed Sheeran (2017)
2. Believer by Imagine Dragons (2018)
3. The Mountain by Three Days Grace (2018)
4. In My Bloody by Shawn Mendes (2018)
5. Perfect by Anne Marie (2018)
6. Head Above Water by Avril Lavigne (2019)
7. 1-800-273-8255 by Logic ft Alessia Cara, Khalid (2017)
8. 26 by Paramore (2017)
9. The Village by Wrabel (2019)
10. Praying by Kesha (2017)
11. Lovely by Billie Eilish ft. Khalid (2017)
12. Cry Pretty by Carried Underwood (2018)
13. Purpose for Pain by Scott Stapp (2019)
14. A Reason to Fight by Disturbed (2018)
15. Still Breathing by Green Day (2016)
16. Rose-Colored Boy by Paramore (2017)
17. 24/7 by Kehlani (2016)
18. OK Not To Be OK by Marshmello ft. Demi Lovato (2020)
Hang in there and if you're feeling suffocated in any way, or just need to talk about anything at all, please do reach out by calling any of these numbers.